Fee Based Services
home maintenance inspector will evaluate
home maintenance inspector will evaluate
your home or property for needed
- Less Expensive than Purchasing New House - While this might seem obvious, it needs to be mentioned. It is typically cheaper to build an addition than to
buy a new home that equals the space of your existing house plus addition. At the very least, the closing costs involved with selling your old house and
buying the new house would push this option over the top. Many times homeowners are looking for a home just like what they have now, but with a few more
rooms. Why not take what you already love and make it your own?
- Addition is 100% Your Creation - You may have an old house, but the addition is space that you can claim as your own. Design the room addition or living
space to make your Burlington home truly yours. It's like designing a whole new house without the expense of a whole new house. Fire up your design
software and go for it! BUT make sure to consult an Architect from your area who is familiar with zoning regulations, HOA rules and residential remodeling
experience. Home Services Link can help you find someone who will not only make your project run smooth, but who will also save you money by avoiding
someone who is not familiar with these areas. Most neighborhoods differ with their rules. In Northern Kentucky, many customers have told us of the major
difference in building and zoning regulations from neighboring counties Boone and Kenton.
- Smartest Way to Add Space to House - When you objectively look at the various ways to add space to your house, addition-building clearly comes out
ahead of other methods, such as basement or attic remodeling or adding a sun porch.
Disadvantages of Building an Addition
- Return May Be Less Than Expected - Even though additions have better cost-value ratios than other renovation projects; you still may not recover the full
cost of the addition. This goes back to the example from above. If you make additions to a home that increases the value well above the neighbors, you may
not get that money back at the time of sale.
- Emotional Cost of Addition-Building - It's a thrill at first, those workers energetically digging and sawing to give you more house. Then one Saturday you
wake at 6AM to the roar of a gas generator five feet from your bedroom window and realize that your romance with building an addition has hit the rocks. Many
causes contribute to this, some of which are: having work crews in your house six days a week, noise, dust, and constantly dealing with the contractor.
- Addition Brings Increased Costs - More space means higher heating and cooling costs, more windows to wash and gutters to clean, increased property
taxes, and more house to clean.
- Additions Reduces Lawn Size - Unless you are adding a second story, you will lose yard space and this is space that can never be recovered.
- Some Additions Don’t Pay At All – A pool is the best example of this. In new areas like Mason and West Chester you will find pools all over the place. But
that’s not necessarily a good thing. Unless the person who is buying your home values a pool, they might not want it. When making your additions be
prepared in the future if it does not pay you back.
Once you decide to begin the home addition and renovation process, you need to be assured that the general contractor, architect, home inspectors and contractors
are reliable, screened and insured. We hlep you take the guesswork out of selecting a Cincinnati home renovation and addition contractor. Our contractors are
expert in helping you create and build the best room addition for your home and budget, and are carefully screened to make sure that you are satisfied with the
quality and value of their work.
Dream Pro CONNECT formelry Home Services Link will put the right people in touch with you. People you can trust in your home …and trust to do the work.
There is no better way to make a house, YOUR home. Many Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky residents have avoided the temptation to move to a bigger better
home and instead have chosen to add onto the home they fell in love with many years ago. When interest rates drop and home equity loans become affordable,
Cincinnati homeowners hear the sound of hammers and saws across the Tri-State. These familiar sounds signal the beginning of home remodeling and addition
season. An addition is the biggest home remodeling purchase you will ever make.
Advantages of Building an Addition
- High Cost-Value Ratio - Studies show that nearly all of the cost of a mid-range two-story addition may be recovered at time of sale. Just imagine the
advantage your home will have if you ever decide to sell. BUT, experts caution you to not “over-build” for your neighborhood. Example…Let’s say you live on
a street in Hyde Park where the average house is $300,000. You don’t want to make additions to yoru home that puts the value at $600,000. WHY? ell
homeowners typically want to live in neighborhoods where the home values and residents share the same type of income and lifestyle.
"The contractor arrived on time, was very professional
and friendly and he did an excellent job. The work was
completed in a timely manner. Thank you so very much!"
- Beverly, West Chester, OH
Cincinnati Room Additions
now powered by: